Welcome to RISINGE MANOR
Risinge is located between Nyborg and Kerteminde and has a two-kilometer coastline.
The name with the suffix "inge" can be traced back 2,000 years to the Iron Age. Archaeological findings from the Celtic Iron Age confirms this. Risinge was first mentioned in 1526 but we heard nothing about it until 1661 when the Crown sold some of its land in Flødstrup parish, including Risinge, to mayor Jens Madsen in Nyborg.
Originally Risinge consisted of four farms, but after the wars against Sweden towards the end of the 1600s the region was seriously depopulated and the farms were merged into one. The land registers of 1668 and 1701 refer to Rissinge as the manor. Not until 1730 did Hugo Praëm receive the title to the manor. The oldest part of the present manor house was built by Hugo Praëm in 1750.
From 1759 to 1823 Risinge Manor also included the Rørbæk farm.
In 1808 Spanish soldiers were billeted on the farm. In the woods at the main building, they had their "dancing space".
In 1903 Rasmus Kattrup erected the characteristic tower building from drawings by Professor Anton Rosen.
In 1953 it was decided to demolish the main wings of the old farm buildings and build a new estate.
By 1955 the building was all but finished.
Since 1929, Risinge has been in the ownership of the Bille Brahe family. Today the owner is Torben C. Bille Brahe of Fraugdegaard. There is no public access to the manor and gardens, but the entire facility can be seen from public roads.